I was too busy with architecture for the last few weeks.. . haven’t really got a chance to get my head around what’s going on in the world, especially back home in Malaysia.
I felt detached from reality.
I felt like I was living in ignorance.
I felt guilty.
Therefore, since I finished my final presentation yesterday (still got 2 submissions coming though)… Today, I decided to take a day off from architecture. I went out for a good lunch with a friend, had some retail therapy… and came back, get on the internet and try to update myself with some of the current issues.
I read. I read. I read and I read.
As a result. I feel sick.
And I still feel guilty, way worse… I feel guilty and hopeless for knowing things I could never really do anything about.
I know... I know...I know I’m a little behind.
But I still need to put more efforts in understanding the following issues, I’m feeling lost and mentally constipated just by reading one or two news/articles/blogposts about them.
1. The Budget… I know, I would never be able to understand like an economist does or a politician, the rationality of each provision and all, but if the government really wants to be transparent to the people… they shall present it to us, in a way that we could somehow digest the information… it’s not that I don’t understand the general idea of most of the things… the rationality is still questionable… maybe I’m too shallow minded… or maybe I just don’t understand… or am I too stupid?
2. The Audit report. It’s not surprising at all. But it’s sad. Kalau nak musnahkan sangat penghawa dingin tu, hantar la rumah saya satu. Ya tak MAIWP? Some wounds won’t heal if you covered or bandaged it up. You know that?
3. Malaysian Indians community issue… what issue?
4. DSAI. This has been going on forever. I’m seriously sick of this dirty political play. Put an end to that please. *puke*
5. FFI? I love fashions. But that’s was wayyyy too much, Datin Seri Wanita Nombor Satu.
6. Pusat Hiburan Antarabangsa. Wait…. What???!!! Seriously… oh yeah, great… then we are not just ‘a moderate Islamic Country’ but also ‘a hedonistic Islamic country’… oh, that goes very well with IFF.
7. Tsunami in Indonesia. Humanity should trespass all sort of enmities, right?
Am I showing too much ingratitude to my government if I say, I yearn for some great pleasant-sincere news (from the people, not your media) about how well-managed, corruption-less the government is… hey, I could be one of those who still have a teeny weeny bit of faith to the current government. Hahaha.. you know why? Because I don’t believe the oppositions could be any better, the best they could be… just equal. Samalah mana-mana pun.
‘dah kena dah, yang di sana tu penyangak, yang di sini tu penyamun’
Btw, I love today's Daily Quotes on Google.
Sometimes people are layered like that. There's something totally different underneath than what's on the surface. But sometimes, there's a third, even deeper level, and that one is the same as the top surface one. Like with pie.
Joss Whedon, Zack Whedon, Maurissa Tancharoen, and Jed Whedon, Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog, 2008